North Valley Waste Management Authority
HOW TO GET THERE:
3.5 km north of Fort Qu'Appelle on Highway 35, then 2.0 km east on gravel road. Watch for signs.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
May 1 to October 31
Monday to Saturday: 8 am - 5 pm
Sunday: 10 am - 4 pm
November 1 to April 30
Monday to Friday: 9 am - 4 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 1 pm
*CLOSED STATUTORY HOLIDAYS & BOXING DAY
As of May 1, 2019: MINIMUM LOAD CHARGE IS $ 8.00
There are two classes of charges: Member and Non-Member
Members are citizens who live within the contributing municipalities that compose the regional waste authority.
Our Contributing Members (in no specific order):
- Town of Fort Qu'Appelle
- R.M. of North Qu'Appelle
- Resort Village of B-Say-Tah
- Resort Village of Fort San
- District of Katepwa
- Village of Lipton
- Village of Lebret
Please contact the landfill for current pricing at 306-331-8016 or 306-332-7519
Two fee-free days exclusively for the residents of Member Municipalities to bring in residential (not commercial) refuse.
Spring & Fall
No load charges for residential refuse (except for tires & railroad ties). Tires will have a discounted rate on these days only.
Next Haul-R-Daze: Sat. September 28 - Sun. September 29, 2019
FREE COMPOST WEEK!
A fee-free week exclusively for the residents of Member Municipalities to bring in compost.
Spring & Fall
No load charges for CLEAN compost (Clean meaning: No dog leashes, lawn ornaments, garbage, dog and cat droppings, etc)
Compost will be accepted IF the landfill staff can see that it is CLEAN. If it comes in a black garbage bag, they can not see what is inside and it will not be considered clean.
Next Free-Compost Week: Sat. September 28 - Sun. October 6, 2019
WHAT THE LANDFILL ACCEPTS:
- Bagged household garbage not exceeding 50 lbs (22.5 kg)
- Grass clippings
- Trees (branches and stumps)
- Cover loads or use biodegradable bags. If we can not see inside bags, they will not be composted!
- Load charge fees apply to compost except for diseased Elm trees that are free (There is also Free Compost Week)
- Railroad Ties
- Used oil, anti-freeze, filters and containers
- Grain bags
- In partnership with . Click here for more information.
Secure Loads - Loads must have tarps, or otherwise secured to prevent littering. Non-Secured load charges may apply if loads are not secure.
Sorting - Loads must be sorted so they can be deposited into the correct area. Sorting fees may apply if loads are not sorted. Please sort items into:
- Household garbage
- Used oil, anti-freeze, filters and containers.
We DO NOT accept:
- Cardboard - This is a recyclable item (There is a cardboard compactor on 3rd Street West in Fort Qu'Appelle OR use your local recycle bin or depot)
- Paint - Take to Sarcan
- Electronics - Take to Sarcan
- Dead animals
- Liquid domestic waste
- Power poles
- Asbestos-contaminated products
- If you are unsure, give the landfill a call at: 306.331.8016 or 306.332.7519
LANDFILL CONTACT INFORMATION:
Landfill: 306.331.8016 or 306.332.7519